homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ohio's voting problems

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ohio's voting problems
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:27:21 -0400

The Diebold question is a little more than hanging chads. It's about
flipping votes or losing votes entirely before they ever make it to the
central computer. I haven't voted for a major party candidate in many
years, so I don't care which side is doing it; if someone is rigging
machines to change the outcome of elections, don't you want to know?

There is strong suspicion that it happened, but no one is allowed to see
'inside' the voting machines to determine what they do. Listen to the
video of Stephen Spoonamore. He especially questions a last-second patch
to the voting machines in Georgia in 2002; he got to see the patch code.
They claimed it was a clock function, he said it wasn't clear what it
did, but it WASN'T a clock function. To me, it at least raises questions
that I'd like answered before I trust one of Diebold's machines with my
vote.

Lynn Wigglesworth