homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Canadian perspective on our prez

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Canadian perspective on our prez
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:48:35 EDT

> > 'nuff on him. Who's your pick for
> the next term?"

We keep hearing that Obama is a great orator. And maybe he is .... so long
as he has the teleprompter in front of him. But when he has been beset upon
with improptu questions (and I want you to notice the common root of
'impromptu' and 'teleprompter' ) or questions he can't answer with a canned
response,
the fellow falls apart mumbling and confused. He comes up with things like

' let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s'

'the other 57' states'

at the convention he introduced Biden as the next President.

But one of the best illustrations of Obama's oratory powers was right here in
Bristol, Virginia where he said:

""Well it costs too much money," but you know what? It would cost, about...
It-- it -- it would cost about the same as what we would spend... It...Over
the
course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us... All right. Okay.
We're going to... It... It would cost us about the same as it would cost for
about -- "

These aren't isolated instances. Any time he has been lured off the beaten
path or away from the glow of the teleprompter, he falls apart like this.

What is even spookier is that he never corrects himself as if he isn't even
aware he's doing it!
' </HTML>