homestead - Re: [Homestead] F&F Execs get golden parachute

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] F&F Execs get golden parachute
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:19:53 -0400

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-fannie9-2008sep09,0,4063126.story
>
> "Mudd earned $11.6 million last year, and Syron made $18.3 million. In both
> cases, a large portion of their pay packages included stock that was valued
> much higher at the end of 2007 than it was as of Monday, when it was
> trading
> at less than $1 a share."
>
> "By conservative estimates, Mudd, 49, and Syron, 64, will leave with an
> additional $7.3 million and $6.3 million, respectively, as part of a
> severance package, according to an analysis by Paul Hodgson at the
> Corporate
> Library."

I heard the news. It makes me ill. It happens all too often, the CEO's do
very well no matter what happens to the company. I can think of better ways
to spend the money, like perhaps giving it to those that need it most.

In France they take to the streets, I'm always amazed at how they protest.
Here we take to the keyboards, I guess. Viva la France.

lkvp