homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 05:33:39 -0400

Here in my part of TN the deer have always been about the same. Then our
drought last year was so extended that I think they are very malnourished.
This spring we had a fair amount of rain but are now back into very little
rain and I have seen a young set of twins, no spots, but very small. This is
the first time in 15 years on this property that the deer have come down into
the back patio area and eaten all my hostas. They are very bold and are
coming closer and closer during the day to find something to eat.
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6