homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain - dereliction of duty on energy

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain - dereliction of duty on energy
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:52:39 -0500

> I agree completely. Unfortunately this is a non-issue this election,
> neither candidate will do what
> really needs to be done on the energy topic

What do you suppose would happen to the first candidate that dared to say
that "yes we are in peak oil. Gasoline will never again be cheap no mater
how many straws we stick in the earth, no matter how much food is used to
fuel our 5000# personal transportation devices. We must get used to a
smaller energy footprint and we must start now." What would happen? For one
thing an end to a political career.

Don Bowen KI6DIU