homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain - dereliction of duty on energy

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain - dereliction of duty on energy
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:50:27 -0800

O.K., this is the type of column that really bugs me. WHAT bill? Name the number of the bill. So far, I find several that would fit the bill which NEITHER of the no-choices voted for. BOTH were NV.

Was it HR3221, HR 6049, HR 6? What bill was it?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

The cost of energy to run our computers, vehicles and chainsaws will
affect homesteaders everywhere. Both Obama and McCain have received
money from Big Oil--as with most monster industries, they hedge their
bets. McCain is dependably in their pocket. Obama appears more
resistant.

Here is an excerpt from a Thomas Friedman column:

Given the fact that Senator McCain deliberately avoided voting on all
eight attempts to pass a bill extending the vital tax credits and
production subsidies to expand our wind and solar industries, and
given his support for lowering the gasoline tax in a reckless giveaway
that would only promote more gasoline consumption and intensify our
addiction to oil, and given his desire to make more oil-drilling, not
innovation around renewable energy, the centerpiece of his energy
policy — in an effort to mislead voters that support for drilling
today would translate into lower prices at the pump today — McCain has
forfeited any claim to be a green candidate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/03/opinion/03friedman.html?em