homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:06:24 -0400

> If McCain wins, then I will have to reassess that illusion belief, but I
> tell you, I'd be just as likely to say that if Mc wins, then we have yet to
> fulfill MLK's dream. It is sad to say, but I wonder if we have really seen
> the dream fulfilled. When push comes to shove, and the choice is narrowed,
> people often vote differently than what they tell their friends and family.

I don't think that Obama or any other black winning the presidency
fulfills the MLK dream. There is an entire other reality that the MLK
dream is about, IMO.

I also would never promote him or vote for him just to try to fulfill
that dream, if I thought it would. The dream needs to be fulfilled
naturally.

Rob - Va