homestead - Re: [Homestead] MCcain got the girl

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] MCcain got the girl
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:49:43 -0800

Oh, there are a whole bunch of women that were sitting on the fence that will now JUMP to the McNasty's side!

This woman comes gift wrapped with everything that anyone could ask for:

Married her high school sweetheart.
Husband is a fisherman, works for BP and is a long time union member.
Has five kids. Eldest joined the Army on 9/11 last year and ships out to Iraq on 9/11 this year.
Of the five kids, the youngest has Downs and she knew this and choose not to end the pregnancy.
Was a Miss Alaska runner up and took the scholarship and went to college to get her Bachelors degree.
Worked with her husband on the fishing boat and survived a wreck in the boat, broke all the fingers in her two hands.
Was a City Council member (two terms, 92-96).
Went on to become mayor where she reduced her salary AND reduced property taxes by 60%.
Was on a state commission investigating fraud and cleaned house, regardless of party membership.
Is now governor and has been cleaning house there also. AND, taking on big oil!

As to Obama's campaign committee complaints, she has more fiscal experience than he does AND has as much foreign government experience. Or at least the type that Teflon's campaign was talking about <<eg>> She visited Germany also in an official capacity and she DID visit the troops and the troops in the hospitals.

Besides, while he spent most of the time on the bench in the championship game for his school, her free shot won the championship for her high school basketball team. She did it with a stress fracture. <G>

So, yes indeedy, there are a whole bunch of women who will jump to the McNasty side.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

It's nice to see a woman on the ticket, any ticket, but her presence on the
ticket will not sway me nor get my vote. Only time will tell as to how the
Hillary supports feel about it and what they do.

I have one last box of peaches calling my name....