homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:00:28 -0700

At 8/15/2008 03:28 PM,Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
>> Nobody knows, anything is still possible but it sure looks like there
> are still those who want it to end.
>
> I never understood the people who want the big catastrophic changes <shrug>.

Rob, there's a vast difference between 'wanting' something to happen and
seeing it coming.

I think you are missing my point, which is not about the problem but rather how people seem to react to it. It's just an observation by me.
There were people who really really really wanted civilization to collapse in the y2k thing, in some places today I see what might be the that same longing. The problem might be energy, climate change or a "'fix' for climate change but I can see the same reactions that I recognize from the times building up to y2k.
It's probably just a 'human nature' thing...

Rob
becida AT comcast.net