homestead - [Homestead] "The Great Oil Bubble Has burst"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] "The Great Oil Bubble Has burst"
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

The title in the subject matter part of the email is the title of the article
on the link below, not mine.
I drive little, own a very fuel efficient car, and have prepared for $7.00
gas, but with the hopes of $2.00 gas.

I know that many on this list subscribe to "Peak Oil" and other apocalyptic
theories concerning
fossil fuels. I'm personally more convinced of the argument that we should
try not to spend so much of our treasure to other countries for fossil fuels
than I am of the nature of the shortage of said fuels.

I'll be honest and say that I don't have a clue which of the opposing
viewpoints is correct. I just live my life and try to be as prepared as
possible in my particular situation. Anyway, I thought it was a provocative
article......bobford

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/08/08/do0801.xml