homestead - Re: [Homestead] I thought it was funny-liberals take note:

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I thought it was funny-liberals take note:
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:38:09 -0400

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Oh, you're welcome.

> It is just now dark at Heartwood and we have concluded another late-
> day philosophical exploration fueled by Stone India Pale Ale and 1554,
> brewed by New Belgium Brewery, the first, and possibly the only, wind-
> powered brewery in the reportedly great United States of America. I am
> resolved to write predictions in my journal for one year, two years,
> three years, and, well, that is likely enough. Whatever sorting we
> have done by then will likely be working or not and I will have
> adjusted.

Husband thinks that I've become overly pessimistic of late, I say I'm a
realist who tends towards optimism but lately thinks don't look that way to
me. He knows me and thinks my worrier button was pushed a time too many
lately. So, I too, decided to keep a journal of sorts. Mine is going to
catalog various prices and whatnot. Will have to research what things cost
at the beginning of the year, July 1 and again January 1, 2009. I also want
to track various food items (staples), gas, heating oil, and other
interesting things such as consumer sentiment, unemployment, the price of
gold, etc. We have big decisions to make about our future.

For many years my husband wanted to tour Europe playing gigs. We wanted to
live in Ireland or somewhere else in Europe and stay for up to a couple
years. Now we wonder if we'll get there at all. Airlines are folding and
prices are increasing rapidly. We've heard a rumor that the Roanoke Airport
is in trouble and may close. Most people we know drive 3 hours to Charlotte
NC to save big money on tickets.

lkvp