homestead - Re: [Homestead] I thought it was funny-liberals take note:

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I thought it was funny-liberals take note:
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:21:34 -0500

On Jul 7, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Gene, that's the best darn quote I've heard in I don't know how long.
Perhaps you should make it your signature line or something. I agree w/
April. Hope you and Don are enjoying your visit.

Thank you.

We are.

It is just now dark at Heartwood and we have concluded another late- day philosophical exploration fueled by Stone India Pale Ale and 1554, brewed by New Belgium Brewery, the first, and possibly the only, wind- powered brewery in the reportedly great United States of America. I am resolved to write predictions in my journal for one year, two years, three years, and, well, that is likely enough. Whatever sorting we have done by then will likely be working or not and I will have adjusted.

Writing predictions for the future, responsibly, entails analysis of current conditions and application of known human responses. Right now I am not feeling highly optimistic. I am very glad that I have some well-watered land and tools.