homestead - Re: [Homestead] Butternut squash

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Butternut squash
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 16:36:15 -0500

We can't figure out when to plant because no two years seem alike when it comes to our weather. We are either in a flood or a drought. What works one year doesn't the next.

What is an eight-ball squash? I don't recognize many of the winter squash types everyone has been listing. We are growing Texas Indian Moschata, Hokkaido, and Red Kuri, and something called "Red Warty Thing". We've had the Moschata keep for two years on a kitchen counter. Do you homesteaders recognize any of these or am I from another planet?

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:52:46 -0400