homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sunday doings

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sunday doings
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 13:13:09 -0400

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Music hath charm with which to sooth the savage beast,
> especially live music.

My husband's band had a private party gig at a nearby beautiful homestead
last night that I was privileged to attend. It was held outside, a
five-minute rain shower kicked off the evening as the sun continued to
shine, a bright rainbow was on display across the mowed field. At dusk solar
lights came on and candles were lit, children ran about with glow sticks
that became necklaces, hand bands and bracelets. It was a magical
evening--until I left to take youngest son home (and live-in client). He was
overly exhausted from a week at camp and needed a good night's sleep. When
the guitar player/vocalist arrived home later, we sat outside on the front
porch swing (interestingly enough, Front Porch Swing is the name of his
band) and gazed at the stars together while we enjoyed a beverage.

It was a night I'll remember with a smile on my face as time goes by. We all
need more of moments in our lives. More simple pleasures for all.

> Homesteading (or in my case, hermitage) is good but it's nice to get out
> sometimes.

Ditto and Amen. I have a friend who became self-employed a year ago, we joke
that we rarely see each because we only leave home to go to work-related
appointments.

Lisa