homestead - Re: [Homestead] Travelogue

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Travelogue
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 05:40:35 -0500

On Jun 27, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

Well, I made it to Tucumcari, NM. I had hoped to make it to Amarillo, TX but I started getting sleepy and pulled into a rest area for a bit of a nap. I left two hours later. I pulled into here to late to go to a restaurant Gene mentioned. A tail wind helped make today the best mileage so far. Hopefully I will get a very early start tomorrow. I am now trying to figure if the toll roads in Oklahoma are worth it.

Ozarks Zeus and his apprentices are preparing a special welcome for Don. Over two inches of rain since thunder woke me at three. The stream will be up. I will try to be there to take photos of his trailer floating across. A Kodak moment.