homestead - [Homestead] Yummy Pancakes and Plum Sauce

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Yummy Pancakes and Plum Sauce
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:39:19 -0400

Yeah. We are going through a stage where you either eat what Mum gives you or you diy cereal/nut butter. And they weren't Cheerios. 8-} I'm not too worried about this kid, I can't keep the veggie bin/fruit baskets full enough for her.

They weren't rutabaga pancakes, they were sunflower poppy seed pancakes with orange maple sauce and they were very good.

Sage, I took a quick peek in my few Asian cookbooks looking for plum sauce and all the recipes called for the jar, so I appreciate that recipe too. Can't wait to try it. Bev, I've got a really nice chilled plum soup...

Sometimes you don't develop a taste for the really good stuff until you're
older. From her point of view Cheerio's are basic, a known commodity,
whereas Rutabega Pancakes... come on! ;0

For the record, my favorite homemade pancakes (and waffles) are pumpkin w/
real maple syrple.

lkvp