homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:01:22 -0500

On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:11 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

You are right on that, probably the scariest aspect of the upcoming election.

Drew

In a message dated 6/20/2008 1:46:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

And neither Teflon nor McNasty can even spell the word economy, so, as
youngest's friend Carly says "be scared, be very, very scared."

Okay, let's have your plan. Including how to sell it to the public and the pols.

Presidents with a compliant Congress can do things that affect the economy. There appears to great disagreement among economists about what things should be done. There is predictable knee-jerk thinking by both the public and the planners. Whoops. Are there any planners? Anyone see a planner who is being listened to? Of course not--we are being governed by payoffs and polls.

I sometimes think we need top Toyota management running the country.