homestead - Re: [Homestead] I Just Remembered Why We Got Rid of the Sheep

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I Just Remembered Why We Got Rid of the Sheep
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:05:47 -0400

On Jun 17, 2008, at 5:45 PM, Lynda wrote:

Well, Roy, I can't find any pictures or info on that breed. Is that the
name of the breed or just the region where they were being raised?

Neither can I find anything easily. As far as I know, it's the breed name. I'll ask Celia about it and report.

The Suffolk are like everything else man has messed with. Bred them for a
specific purpose and bred what little brains they had out of them!

Oh but as I understand it, sheep had very little brain in them even before breeding programs! Unlike goats, who get into all sorts of trouble, sheep only get into a little bit of trouble. And can't get OUT of big trouble sometimes.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180