homestead - Re: [Homestead] And so it goes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] And so it goes
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:36:04 -0500

On Jun 9, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Don Bowen wrote:

"``It was drive until you qualify'' for a mortgage, says Robert Lang, director of the Metropolitan Institute at Virginia Tech in Alexandria, Virginia. ``You can't do that anymore. Your cost of transportation will spike too much.''"

That's what built up the Riverside and Redlands area and even further east. When we were living in Redondo Beach I read about commuters who drove two hours to and from work. I used to muse that one day there would be solid subdivisions between LA and Phoenix. No more.