homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are we watching the fall over the precipice?

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are we watching the fall over the precipice?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:27:49 -0400

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> As a result of today's report of unemployment jumping to 5.5% (some feel we
> should double those numbers) and reports of Israel wanting to bomb Iran the
> stock is falling off a precipice with a loss of over 300 points and oil
> finding new record highs. Morgan Stanley is predicting $150 oil by July 4
> while Goldman Sachs was predicting that price by the end of the year.

When was it that oil first touched $130? Today it closed at $138.75. It
doesn't have to jump much to reach $150 and July 4 is four weeks from today
(hard to believe). Gold is back to $900. More negative news will just propel
everything higher.

Can't find the exact quote, but Bette Davis had a line in *All about
Eve, *"Fasten
your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride." The question is, how
bruised will we get from the upcoming bumps?

lkvp