homestead - [Homestead] Dow off 400 pts, oil over $139

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Dow off 400 pts, oil over $139
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:15:39 -0700

What more can I say?

Don Bowen KI6DIU
From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:23:16 EDT
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics

> >You can call me stupid or foolish or whatever you want.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind if I am ever inclinded to call you
stupid, which I have not done.

I do though reserve the prerogative to critique and even disparage ideas. If
one wishes to personify those ideas, that's their own dodge and none of my
doing. All the exhortations for my safe driving will not prevent a one car
accident by someone else.

I do earnestly hold that every sop and 'ember of hope' that issues from
Obamania is like seeing someone in a sinking boat taking on 100 gallons a
minute
and when someone offers them a tablespoon with which to bail instead of the
teaspoon they were using, they heave a sigh of relief and say "At least that's
something."

No it isn't. It isn't anything.

Just look at the sidebar headlines today: Unemployment highest in 22 years,
record house foreclosures, stock market down 400 pts, corn and wheat at new
record highs, oil hit a record high of a few pennies below $140 a barrel.

These are deadly serious times and no candidate for the presidency is
addressing ANY of the major issues involved in any meaningful way. And then
you want
to pour us a glass of cholesterol free Obama orange juice?

If political discussions are on the table on this list, then expect to have
items politique taken apart. If they are unwise or misinformed, expect that
be said. If they fall through the cracks to the earnestly ludicrous, expect
that to be said as well.

And if someone is so attached to a political point of view or devotion to a
political icon that they cannot separate themselves from the critique of the
candidate's goings on, there's nothing I can do about that.

James

</HTML>