homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rhubarb

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rhubarb
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:04:27 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:13 PM, SJC <indexer AT localnet.com> wrote:

> Just put 12 pounds in the dryer today to use for pies next winter; it dries
> really
> nicely, takes little space to store (I keep it vacuum packed in gallon
> jar; a gallon jar holds equivilant of about 26-30 pounds of fresh
> rhubarb) and is handy to use that way.

Susan Jane,

What sort of dryer system have you? Homemade or ? I have two very full
freezers now, no room for the expected leftovers from this summer's canning.
I've long thought dehydrating was the better way to go (in addition to
canning), no electric issues to deal with once it's dry and stored.

Thanks.

Lisa