homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future is here

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future is here
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:16:26 -0800

Yupe, big seed company. And even after umpteen years as a seed farm, the land was still black gold. There is a weird strip through that area that has nice soil but that was the best. For those that have ever had a Crane melon, that is where they come from. We had a place that backed up to it and all you had to do was throw seed at the ground and things grew.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Foggy memory says there was a big seed operation there.

I used to go to sports car races at Cotati Raceway.

It was called Home of the Real Black Gold. You could literally use
your hands to
plant seeds. To kill for soil!

Like we homesteaders have in our gardens. Well, in some of our gardens.