homestead - [Homestead] Saturday morning chuckle

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Saturday morning chuckle
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 08:57:26 -0500

Chilling Out on the Cheap

By Ellen McCarthy
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 9, 2008; Page WE21

"It's a shame inner peace has gotten so pricey.

"Because certainly we need it now more than ever. The talking heads are yapping incessantly. The economists are brooding. The tailgaters are honking, the neighbors are squabbling, the Earth is struggling and the next family crisis is beeping in on call waiting.

"A desert retreat might be nice about now, but that would inevitably set you back a couple grand and multiply your carbon footprint with jet fuel. A day at the spa could do the trick, but only if you've got a few hundred to spare. Price hikes at the gas station will probably nix that Sunday drive in the country, and even the neighborhood yoga class suddenly costs $20 a pop. . . ."

There is lots more at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/08/AR2008050800920.html?hpid=smartliving

As for me, I will take breakfast to the front porch and view the surroundings here at Heartwood.