homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning entertainment, country style

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning entertainment, country style
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:29:52 -0500

On May 9, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

This time of year you can find terrapins making nests, basically a hole in
the ground where they lay half a dozen or so leathery eggs. Last year we found
a terrapin doing so and when she had covered the eggs and left, we put a fence
around the nest, four old queen excluders. Late in the summer we found two
newly hatched turtles in there and the girls raised them in a terrarium over
the winter and set them on their way this spring.

Wonderful. Most people who take them do them no good at all. How big were they when released?