homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning entertainment, country style

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning entertainment, country style
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:10:48 EDT

> Now the next time a city friend asks what on earth do you country folk
> do for entertainment you will have turtle watching as an additional
> answer.

This time of year you can find terrapins making nests, basically a hole in
the ground where they lay half a dozen or so leathery eggs. Last year we
found
a terrapin doing so and when she had covered the eggs and left, we put a
fence
around the nest, four old queen excluders. Late in the summer we found two
newly hatched turtles in there and the girls raised them in a terrarium over
the winter and set them on their way this spring. </HTML>