homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes, to rotate or not to rotate

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes, to rotate or not to rotate
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 06:57:55 -0400

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. Have you ever read any Eliot Coleman gardening books, His
> rotation suggestions make your head spin in a home garden. Just about
> impossible.

That's where I first learned about rotating crops and yes again, it made my
head spin.
Glad to hear many of you don't rotate or don't rotate much.

I like James' idea of having many veggies in one row--unless you're growing
sweet potatoes or another rambling vine crop.

Wondering, do you guys prefer bush varieties as opposed to rambling vine
varieties of summer (and winter) squashes, when there is a choice? Do you
let ramble in the garden or stake up and grow vertical?