homestead - Re: [Homestead] The UN to the Rescue!

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The UN to the Rescue!
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:32:33 -0400

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Yeah, the ADM sponsorship has long bothered me. But NPR does such good
> reporting I overlook it. I very much like the Diane Rehm Show.
>
> Today's Diane Rehm Show was about food shortages and featured speakers
(one guy from Virginia Tech, forget where the other guy was from) that
didn't disagree that today's shortages are, in part, caused by the interest
in alternative fuels (biodiesel). They stated and agreed that there are also
many other reasons why we're running out of wheat and rice, thus the rise in
price.

When you've had all the bad news you can take (peak oil, food shortages,
climate crisis, the dollar falling lower and lower...), check out *Invention
Nation*, a show on the Discovery Channel about three young-20's men
searching the country for new discoveries in sustainable technologies. It
never fails to give us a renewed sense of hope.

Lisa
...who is happy because the sky is blue, the sun is warm and the peach tree
seems to have escaped the frost last night........