homestead - Re: [Homestead] The UN to the Rescue!

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The UN to the Rescue!
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:10:01 -0500

On Apr 16, 2008, at 8:38 AM, tom wrote:

On NPR yesterday right after reporting on the UN report they gave a
'scientist' from the bio-tech industry more than 'equal time' to
refute the report. The usual nonsense about there not being enough
land on the plant for organics and traditional means to feed everyone
(never qualified with 'enough industrial-ag appropriate land'), that
bio-engineering will feed everyone and that the report was
irresponsible and the bio-tech industry couldn't get behind it. Hmm,
wonder if it all had anything to do with ADM being a big NPR and PBS
sponsor....

Thanks for the report. I do not get NPR down here in the hollow and streaming radio takes up so much bandwidth--is that the right word?-- that when I tried to use it, the provider cut me down on my speed, apparently to get my attention.

Yeah, the ADM sponsorship has long bothered me. But NPR does such good reporting I overlook it. I very much like the Diane Rehm Show.

I have confidence that the truth will out. Lots of hungry people in the meantime. Monsanto will not go down easy.