homestead - Re: [Homestead] vodo economics

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] vodo economics
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:01:01 -0500

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:
> At 4/10/2008 01:26 PM,Don Bowen wrote:
> I'll take the money however much it is and put it to good use, tough
> times are coming and I know that "me" getting it is really unusual
> for this administration.

I think they're desperate to goose the economy in time for the
election. The whole thing would have made a lot more sense if they'd
cut it off at lower income levels, say maybe $40,000 or $50,000, just
to throw out a figure.

> It really is a good year for a garden.

Some of my coworkers have been hinting that they'd trade gardening
labor for vegetables. I'll believe it when I see butts in the air over
the green beans. Most of them have their own backyards where they
could grow lots of stuff.

Marie