homestead - Re: [Homestead] We found our ewe, don't read if you're squeamish

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We found our ewe, don't read if you're squeamish
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:19:50 -0400

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Apparently she fell down a ravine into a deep part of the stream and
> drowned. Even though we walked past there umpteen times, no one ever
> saw her until she floated to the surface. Paul found her walking fence
> line yesterday.

I'm sorry that happened.

Our farm came w/ two Border Collies, the female had epilepsy and suffered
the same fate in our pond after we'd lived here 18 months. Her back legs
always gave out on her for several minutes after a seizure, we figure she'd
been swimming or drinking from the pond. She was my favorite.

My husband and youngest son (then 5 1/2) found her. ;( This was seven years
ago.

We have a Big 'A' animal graveyard on the east side of the barn.

Lisa