homestead - Re: [Homestead] smoking suana?

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] smoking suana?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:34:56 -0400

My friend had bought (bartered for with a load of used cinderblock) some bunches of herbs from me and later told me he used the sage in his smoke circle.

Lynda wrote:

To get the smoke you'd use wet wood chip in addition to the logs you use to get the heat. Smokey wood doesn't really get all that hot and is a bear to keep going, so you'd have to treat it the same as a smoke house.

I'd suggest apple wood chips, then you'd smell nice <g>