homestead - Re: [Homestead] my news, not homestead related

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] my news, not homestead related
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:32:01 -0400

I think it is very related...homestead is about lifestyle...the lifestyle that you choose, i.e. homeschooling, where you chose to live, etc.
Congratulation to Spencer!

Bev

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:
Hey Gang,

This has nothing to do with anything (except to me), but wanted to let you
all know that my oldest son, Spencer, (18 on 3/13) matriculated today after
passing the GED Exam with flying colors after 1 year of private
school, 2.5years of public school and 9 years of home schooling. He is
attending a
local community college part-time and doing well.

Additionally, this morning he was awarded his driver's license by a Judge in
a public License Presentation Ceremony held at the County Courthouse. He was
legal and passed to get his DL on 2/11 but the official plastic card is
given in the ceremony. Virginia is the last state in the Union to have such
a ceremony and it was wonderful. The Judge spoke of the importance of
responsibility and driving as a privilege not a right. He further spoke of
how parents have more power than the DMV and the State, they can 'revoke'
their child's license for appropriate reasons at will. ;)

Today is a Big Day in the Perry house.

Sorry to take up bandwidth but had to share.

Happy good weekend to you all.

Lisa