homestead - [Homestead] PTC 4, from Drew

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] PTC 4, from Drew
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:44:44 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:29:28 EST
From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

I don't have a lot of hope, unfortunately. I voted a split ticket, More Dems
than Reps this time, because I like those candidates better. The party as a
whole though, with Pelosi at the reigns leans too far left for meaningful
compromise. She has issued a list of major issues she intends to have up for a
vote in the first 100 days that include stem cell research and about a half
dozen equally volatile issues. 500 democrats by themselves could never agree on
and write up these issues in 100 days, especially with all the conservative
Dems that just got elected. It will all bog down, and she will blame the
republicans for not being able to keep her promises. They have also promised to
start lots of investigations into the republicans. This will take 2 years to
complete, and allow them to constantly tarnish the republicans still in
congress and senate, and of course the presidency and hopefully lead them to a Dem
in the white house and bigger margin in the house and senate. As far as
meaningful change for our country, we will see very little. After all, we just had
a bunch of republicans prove they can spend as well as the Democrats, so we
try to solve the problem by electing real Democrats. They will need to reward
their supporters, so we will see lots of new contracts awarded, etc. Typical
with any party swing.

Drew