homestead - [Homestead] PTC 3, from KNat

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] PTC 3, from KNat
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:44:05 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:16:36 -0600
From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

EarthNSky wrote:
I'm not sure anything is out of bounds for this list so I am posting
this here. If it *is* too political, just ignore it.
Here is my question for you:
For those who are happy about the change of power, what do you hope the
Democrats will be able to accomplish in the next two years that would
not have been accomplished otherwise?
Round here, it wasn't that one party could do better than another but
the breaking of lockstep party voting. So the change I'd expect is not a
certain legislation but an accountability that can start to fall on an
individual politician instead of a Party. This election, many more
people learned to look at issues. Our choices were slim in either party
but activists who spoke out to raise awareness are continuing to lead
people to pay attention more of the time. Do I think it's enough to make
change in the next 2 years of action? Maybe. Probably not. Do I think it
is cause to celebrate a shift in consciousness? Yes.
It's not enough to say, "Support the home team." The discussion now is
of talent of that team, needs for recruiting, and resources to support
that team. It gives ownership of the team. Overall, that makes more
things possible. I predict more split party decisions and alliances over
the next 2 years.

Kathyann