homestead - [Homestead] PTC 4, from James

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] PTC 4, from James
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:45:27 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:51:13 EST
From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

I am hopeful, although it is an excedingly slim hope, that the Dems assert
their power fully and that we have a Dem president next term, little odds who.

This reminds me so much of discussions (elsewhere) about government schools.
When outlining the harm that schooling does, someone invariably remonstrates
that they know this or that teacher (ususally a relative) who is a good,
dedicated person. So what?! The more dedicated they are to schooling the more
harm they are calling. It isn't that there are bad teachers, the whole notion
is bad.

Like that, the economic and social mess (or messes) we have landed ourselves
in no longer have much to do with who's in office. The are the cumulative
effect of our lifestyle choices. It doesn't matter if who's in office is Rep or
Dem, good or bad, dedicated or self-serving. In fact, it seems the dedicated
ones do the most harm.

So my hope is that after six years of Bush Bashing the next few years will
demonstrate that it isn't who's in office that has been our problem.

As I say though .... slim hope.