homestead - Re: [Homestead] Appalachian Sustainable Development

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Appalachian Sustainable Development
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 23:21:16 EDT

> Talk about coincidence! This article was on another list I belong to.
> James, and of course others, I would like to hear your thoughts on the
> article below.

Jeane, and before I respond, you are in Greene Co are you not? Come on up
to Sullivan county here and have a cup of tea and we can talk about this in
more depth, but for now:

What a whitewash!! Anthony is a defrocked priest, don't give me this
'decided to go in a different direction' crap,

Now as to the logging. My people are from Russell county where his logging
and lumber kiln are. My people are hewed from the very rock, digged from the
very soil of the place. Legitimate loggers there spit on the ground at the
mention of ASD. They run an inefficient operation, and operation that would
fold
in an instant if it were left to its own devices. It competes with
legitimate, native, sustainable logging operations. Legitimate loggers have
to account
for their expenses and compete in a really free market. Flaccavento's smarmy
outfit arrives and sells lumber supported by government grants and under cuts
the legitimate loggers and sawyers and puts them out of business.

That really develops the region's economy don't you think? That's
sustainable???

Like I have said, pull the grants and ASD evaporates.

James </HTML>