homestead - Re: [Homestead] "Owner States Free Gas" ?

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "Owner States Free Gas" ?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:52:49 -0500

Like in TN., there is alot of natural gas under these lands. Our own
property came with 50%
mineral rights for us, and there was an exploratory well drilled by a
gas co. maybe 30 years ago. IF we had the money to develop it, we, and
our surrounding neighbors could have free gas. A family i know, has all
the gas they ever need for 4 families on their land - plus an income from
the oil catchment tank by the well..a company comes and empties that
every so often. We heard as long as an owner gets 50% mineral rights,
they are pretty safe from developers........i often wonder how precious
the stuff has to get before companies begin putting their money into
these small potato wells. The folks who own the other 50% are long in the
grave, with no descendants about.
If we win a lottery ( when we play), our loved ones around here would
benefit, and i may go into the greenhouse biz!
Toni in eastern kentucky