homestead - [Homestead] Hullo old friends : )

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Hullo old friends : )
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:56:42 -0500

I don't know if anyone will remember me or not. I used to be a member of this list a dozen years or more ago. Gene just helped me find it again. *blows kisses Gene's way*

I just went through the last month's archives and I am so glad to see some old faces. Dan Bowen, you are still here! Rob, my last memory is you were in South America, are you still? BEVVIE!!!!- I am so glad to see you here still, I last remember you guiding your kids from home schooling to public school (or was it vice versa?) and not feeling terribly well. I miss Tvo too. And where did "Sojourner" end up, does anyone know? She was building her house, if I remember correctly.

When you last saw me, my then-husband and I were doing race horses in Central Virginia. Not really homesteading, not really farming, but a mix of animal husbandry and as much sustainable living as I could manage.

I divorced my ex a while ago, and sold that farm. I settled on a little place of my own, got into raising sheep and training Border Collies, and let my horse habit dwindle down to a few old loved ones and my kids' ponies.

I remarried about six years ago to a real sweetheart.. Retired Navy, a long time scientist for the govt (NIST), I have been breaking him into country life slowly. Now, he is retiring and we are getting ready to sell up here and move to someplace bigger so my sheep habit/off grid/ sustainable life style dreams can become more realized. (Discussions and suggestions appreciated!)

I am really glad to have found my way back to this community.

With respect,

Moon

PS...deep dish saucy sausage pizzas are FABULOUS baked in a deep cast iron, preheated fry pan. : )