homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:30:01 EST

I do remember seeing video from walmart cameras of a kidnapping suspect in
the parking lots. I guess these are real and probably nationwide.

In a message dated 2/16/2008 11:52:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

On Feb 16, 2008, at 11:09 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

> Why, I ask, does WM need so many "security" cameras? Who is watching
> these feeds?

Might simply be an insurance requirement. Might be real. Theft is a
big cost for nearly all stores. Lots of lost profit walks out the
doors. Chris's sister and her husband are visiting. While the gals
were malling yesterday in the high-end Scottsdale Fashion Center,
Ernie and I were amusing ourselves in all possible ways. He is a safe
mechanic and has worked in banks for decades, so is familiar with
security cameras. In one store he pointed out to me, oh, probably
thirty cameras within the distance we could easily see, which was just
a modest section of the store.