homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:48:02 -0700

On Feb 16, 2008, at 11:09 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

Why, I ask, does WM need so many "security" cameras? Who is watching
these feeds?

Might simply be an insurance requirement. Might be real. Theft is a big cost for nearly all stores. Lots of lost profit walks out the doors. Chris's sister and her husband are visiting. While the gals were malling yesterday in the high-end Scottsdale Fashion Center, Ernie and I were amusing ourselves in all possible ways. He is a safe mechanic and has worked in banks for decades, so is familiar with security cameras. In one store he pointed out to me, oh, probably thirty cameras within the distance we could easily see, which was just a modest section of the store.