homestead - [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Walmart is watching you..
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:09:54 -0500

The other day, I just happened to notice a bunch of cameras covering the
parking lot at a local Wallyworld. I couldn't believe how many there
were, so Ron and I decided to actually count them. We lost count at 30.
These were visible mounted cameras only on the parking lot side of a
super Walmart. Obviously, there would be cameras inside and covering
the sides and back of the store where deliveries come through. There
would probably be 40-50 exterior cameras alone.
Yesterday, we were in another local town and happened to visit another
Walmart. Just for kicks we counted cameras there. It was an older,
smaller store, yet we still counted 15 cameras on the front of the
store. They were in the same "3 per mast" pattern as our local store,
which suggests corporate mandates. Remember that these are not big city
Walmarts...
Why, I ask, does WM need so many "security" cameras? Who is watching
these feeds?
How many does your store have?

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky