homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Earth charity

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Earth charity
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:14:36 -0600

On Feb 1, 2008 11:40 AM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> What are everyone's thought on the coal industries latest ads? For those
> that haven't seen them, to paraphrase, their goal is to have everyone using
> coal produced electricity. *New* cleaner burning coal AND the biggy is that
> they are going to "store the CO2."
>
> Ah, and do what with it? Store it where?

Here's a newspaper story on a project in Illinois:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/30/future-gen/

As you can see in the story, groundbreaking was to start in April.
However, after Bush made the big announcement in the SOTU, the usual
happened:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/30/future-gen/.

Lord forgive me, I'm getting close to hating Bush.

Marie