homestead - [Homestead] Speaking of Earth charity

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Speaking of Earth charity
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:40:59 -0800

What are everyone's thought on the coal industries latest ads? For those that haven't seen them, to paraphrase, their goal is to have everyone using coal produced electricity. *New* cleaner burning coal AND the biggy is that they are going to "store the CO2."

Ah, and do what with it? Store it where?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

There are still reputable scientists who question if mankind can
affect global temperatures enough to make meaningful difference. If
soil sequestration of carbon is viable, the concept will have to be
presented in a succinct manner so that it becomes understood and acted
upon. Right now, way too many words and way too many technical
statements. My eyes cross.

We all have issues of demanding interest. I do not have time to work
my way through thousands of--I'm sorry, badly written--words when a
couple hundred could do the job if the premise is sound. An idea that
takes a book to present has a long row to hoe before it will gain
widespread acceptance. If the proponent of an idea wants to sell it,
they must learn to communicate it well. Otherwise, in the Internet
Age, they are but one more voice shouting into the winds of
information overload.