homestead - Re: [Homestead] Earth charity

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Earth charity
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:07:50 -0700

On Jan 31, 2008, at 12:24 PM, Jerry B wrote:

Though I am not a chemist, I have had college courses in organic
chemistry, and over sixty years of experience in gardening. . . . Now is the
time for some serious deliberation, before panic sets in. Fear can lead
to denial and distortion. Concern surely now is not without value.

Jerry,

There are still reputable scientists who question if mankind can affect global temperatures enough to make meaningful difference. If soil sequestration of carbon is viable, the concept will have to be presented in a succinct manner so that it becomes understood and acted upon. Right now, way too many words and way too many technical statements. My eyes cross.

We all have issues of demanding interest. I do not have time to work my way through thousands of--I'm sorry, badly written--words when a couple hundred could do the job if the premise is sound. An idea that takes a book to present has a long row to hoe before it will gain widespread acceptance. If the proponent of an idea wants to sell it, they must learn to communicate it well. Otherwise, in the Internet Age, they are but one more voice shouting into the winds of information overload.

Follow your passion. I respect that.

Gene