homestead - Re: [Homestead] peat moss?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] peat moss?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:11:15 -0800

At 12/20/2007 08:12 PM,Bill Jones wrote:

You were on briefly after I joined in 2001, but shortly thereafter you
said you good-byes, saying it wasn't quite your cup of tea. I assumed
you meant the half-dozen daily bushbashings from TV. Later you came
back? I don't suppose anyone else remembers the hop yeast posts,
either, it would seem.

>>I can't help but think that if "Tvoivozhd" had posted it, or someone
>>else deemed politically correct, the adulation would have been endless.
>
>Bev wrote: Don't flatter yourself. In all the years I knew Tvo, he never demeaned
>anyone's question.

An neither did I. I'm just suggesting that the responses depend more on
who posted something, rather than the content, in my experience.

I'm catching up and this list today, it's just too cold in the garage right now and parts of this thread just demand an reply.

Bev has been on the list for a long time and has provided not only information but entertainment. I can't remember we started 'talking' but it was well before the century rolled over, I can find where I wrote to her back in 1998.

I really enjoy Bill's posts about what's happening on his place, every now and then there is something that I can use, but anything that is remotely political (something not specifically dealing with a homestead issue) is a broken record.... His political party is Good all others are Bad. <Shrug>, I don't need it. The hops post was a good one but it did not have anything for me other than general knowledge.

Now on to Tvo.... That man saved ME more blood, time and cash than I can count and that's a "no shitter".
He had experience, he had a brain, he had a sense of humor and was willing to share.
Damn I miss him.

Well it's above freezing now, maybe the florescent lights will work now (the 2 older sets don't when it's cold). I guess it's time to send this and go see.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA