homestead - Re: [Homestead] Clay oven, was Question time again

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Clay oven, was Question time again
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:26:18 -0700

On Jan 15, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Can't take it as Gospel, of course, and in
time I might think contrary-wise, but as the ball lies now, here's what Kiko
Denzer says in his book "Earth Oven"

Thanks for taking the time to type the quote.

That $1,500 oven on a steel stand has a layer of insulation sandwiched between inner and outer clay layers. I will write to that company and ask what kind of insulation that is--for forming ease it is likely sprayed foam. I wonder about both healthfulness and permeability. If it restrains heat, then it restrains air movement and if that is so then it would restrain moisture movement.