homestead - Re: [Homestead] anise and fish

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] anise and fish
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:38:14 -0500

I dunno...remember, I didn't write these things, I posted what I acquired from other people..lol..
But, after I read that, I looked in the fishing supplies at KMart, and they sell sprays made from anise..I have since seen them at other places, too. It's apparently irresistable to fish. Odd, huh.

Lynda wrote:
Curiouser and curiouser <g> Why in the world would anise oil be illegal. Anyone know?

Back before it became written as illegal here in Oregon, my dad would either
dip his bait in anise oil, or the hook. He always caught fish that way, fed
us many a meal.

For a time there was even commercial anise sprays that were being sold as
fish attractant. I don't know if it is still illegal, or legal or whatever.
lol. Check with your local fish and game if you have a concern.