homestead - Re: [Homestead] History of beer

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] History of beer
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:28:57 -0800

At 12/20/2007, you wrote:
> Ladies-in-waiting at the court of Henry VII were allowed a gallon
> of beer
> for breakfast alone.

One might conjecture that this made the ladies both voluptuous and
compliant.

I have a book I will give you the next time we visit over a glass of good
brew.
"You Brew Good Beer: A History of Small-Scale Brewing"

It is about the small scale brewing of England. Most was in the Abbys and the daily allotment sometimes was over three gallons. Remember the portly Friar Tuck of Robin Hood legend?

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com