homestead - Re: [Homestead] History and homesteading

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] History and homesteading
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:54:49 -0800

Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

At 12/20/2007, you wrote:

Poking around on my shelves I also find A Handmade Life: In Search of
Simplicity, by William Coperthwaite, published by Chelsea Green but
curiously without a title page. Amazon.com shows my hardcover edition
as published 2003. It is modestly practical but highly inspirational.

A good read. I recently picked up a coulter that I pressed flat and will make what he calls a Democratic ax.

So you scored with Ann? :)

Why Democratic? Does it whine constantly about those awful white males as you grind it? :)

Bill